Uz book / UTTOG compatibility

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 18:41:12 +0300

Ian Cooper wrote:

> magic for trolls comes from the common religion of worshiping the
> ancestors through Kyger Litor.

Yah: the "Kyger Litor pantheon" being distinct from the other darkness jerks that hang around (Argan Argar, Zorak Zoran, etc.: they ain't trolls!). It's not firm in my mind, but I'd sorta think many uz tend to worship the pantheon "en toto," and gain a mixed bag of common magic from all the 7SA. (Also for what it's worth, and dunno if it'd ever be canon, to me a "Great Mother" of Korasting is essentially Kyger Litor's representative to a clan or tribe: as close to KL worship as you get (outside of the uzuz, who frequently have tea and biscuits with Kyger Litor).

FWIW, one of the issues (referring to S. Melhiuish's question) for any uz player's book would be making sure that there's not too much overlap wth UTTOG while at the same time making sure UTTOG isn't insta-obsolete. UTTOG isn't *official* by II standard, still a fan work. Luckily, from what I understand not too much in UTTOG is invalidated by the new rules (Jeff's right, Mark did a great job shaping animism descriptions there to work in both HW/HQ).

That in mind, off-list e-mail (or, come to think of it, *on-list* e-mail) critiquing UTTOG is quite useful: the various reviews help in my mind to shape various aspects of Feed Uz. While I think every product should have the 7 cults of Kyger Litor reprinted*, I assume most want to see new stuff!

Cheers,

James