Questions on Imperial Citizenship

From: pat_the_bratse <patrik.sandberg_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 08:44:01 -0000

Some of these questions undoubtedly will be answered in ILH2, but I'm bewildered right now so I ask.

Is Lunar and Imperial citizenship the same thing?

Is the requirement from ILH1 for Imperial citizenship (must worship a Lunar cult) the same as GIHW's "only worshippers of the Goddess or her associated deities are Lunars"?

What does worshipper mean here? Communal worshipper or intiate?

How does Lunar/Imperial citizenship connect to the class "Select" (from GIHW), of which is said: "the Select, conferring imperial citizenship. Qualification is easy, a person must simply worship any aspect of the goddess. /…/ The followers of all these goddesses /…/ are eligible for the status of Select. The applicant must demonstrate her comprehension of Sedenya's mysteries to the high standards of the Examiners, imperial agents who supervise the teachings of her mysteries." The text then goes on explaining the benefits of being a Select, benefits very much reminiscent of the benefits for Imperial Citizenship in ILH1. Thus, here it seems like worshipping the Red Goddess is the pre-requisite for citizenship. Another question surfacing here is if the Examiners have the same role as in RuneQuest, where they only tested illuminated people?

Which leads me to also ask: Which of the various cults or aspects of Sedenya is the equivalent of being an (Illuminated) initiate of "the Red Goddess", per "Gods of Glorantha-definition"?

Lastly, I have a question about Rufelza. She is described as being worshipped by the "mobs of Peloria", which implies a rather large number of worshippers to me. Are these worshippers mainly communal worshippers? Are they counted among the 10 % Lunars? Or maybe they worship Rufelza without being Imperial Citizens?

Cheers,

Patrik Sandberg