Re: New Directions for Glorantha

From: miss_goffic_manners <herb_nowell_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 14:20:27 -0000

Funny you should mention that...when I took up boffer LARPing I created my persona as an Orlanthi veteran of the early heroes wars (weaponthane who got eaten by some chaos creature of the Red Moon and cast into one of the Lunar Goddess's special hells: here)...I still have delussions of creating an entire company/household in the boffer LARP world of Orlanthi.

> The northeastern U.S. has a healthy and expanding LARPing community
of
> several thousand people. With a little word of mouth and a mention
in a
> newsletter I could get a few dozen people together for a weekend.
If the
> campaign is good, and we get more word of mouth, we could
realistically
> sustain a campaign of 40-50 players meeting six weekends a year.
I've gone
> as far as picking a rules system and starting cult writeups, though
the time
> commitment necessary to make this happen will preclude either having
> children or sleeping.

Being up in CT I'd like to point out that children are overrated. As for sleep, I learned the following equivalents in the Navy:

1 Shower = 1 hour sleep
1 Mean = 4 hours sleep
1 Pot coffee = 4 hours sleep
1 pot coffee + 1/2 pound sugar = 6 hours sleep

I'll expect the flier by July :)