Moon Garde!

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 13:56:31 -0000

I've been packing my games into boxes, ready to move flats at the end of next week, and came across an old copy of En Garde. Now there's nostalgia for you!

For those who don't know, En garde is a play by mail game of swashbuckling and carousing 3-musketeers style in 16th century france. However with just a little though it could easily be transfered over to 17th Century Glamour.

Each 'turn' usualy lasts a week of real-time and the same amount of game time. Each week the characters can do one of a number of things - gambling, carousing, dueling, wooing ladies, buttering up Important People, etc.

I'm begining to get quite keen on the idea. Obviously a bit of work would have to be put in. Many of the game concepts would translate over with just a name-change, and YahooGroup would be a great platform on which to run the game.

Any thoughts?

Simon Hibbs