Re: Re: How do the Orlanthi feel about suicide?

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_...>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 12:19:29 +0300

Do Heortlings even *recognize* suicide as such?

When I was visiting friends in Hungary a while back, I was bemused by the fact that there's a *lot* of suicides there, and most of them are called something else ("so-and-so had an accident," "was killed by melancholia," etc.). [Either they're avoiding the stigma that suicide *should* have, or there's just much less cultural acceptance, I wasn't sure exactly which.]

If Windy Billy kills himself, do Heortlings thing *he* did it? Or was it "obvious" that he was possessed by an evil spirit, that it was the Machinations of Chaos, that he had "clearly been depressed by that neighboring clan we hate, it's their fault, let's go raid 'em," etc.?

Cheers,

James