Re: Re: Towns and clans

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 08:00:54 +0100 (BST)

And very useful it was, too.

> Also, to what extent is city organization modeled
> upon clan organization,
> as opposed to a different model?

>> Most clans are within a week's voyage of a

> >real city, and I would guess most of them have been
> there. At least to
> >their own city. Probably not much father.

Perhaps worth mentioning (and hoping for the "modern" explanation) the Cities founded by Sartar, each a focal point for four *tribes*, and with (probably magical) city walls. They were in some way required to exist for Boldhome to be (magically) built.

So "City" in Sartar does have a definite meaning, not just a vague "big town". And the element of tribal confederations may be important to you.

(If anyone wants the city list, it's in KoS, or I can dig it out for you tonight and post.)

Yahoo! Plus
For a better Internet experience
http://www.yahoo.co.uk/btoffer