Re: Name that book

From: Mark Galeotti <mark_at_...>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 18:55:58 -0000

Be fair, Mike. I have no doubt that some people cast multiple votes for MoLaD. Why? Because II has been contacted by people saying so and expressing concerns about it. But the rise of MoLaD has been pretty steady over time, while Brothers in Arms - which several people nominated - suddenly zoomed up in a way which a suspicious misanthrope like myself regards as suggestive of rigging. The passions engendered by Glorantha are as extreme as they are often incomprehensible, and the thought that one or more people are playing the system is not that ridiculous. It certainly is not levelling any kind of accusation at the people who came up with particular suggestions.

Speaking as someone who *didn't* come up with the title and, for that matter, *didn't* vote for it, I'd say that while many of the titles are admirable, MoLaD's success probably reflects both nostalgia and also its distinctively Gloranthan feel.

All the best

Mark