Re: Name that book

From: julianlord <jlord_at_...>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 19:17:22 -0000

Yay. It's flame magnet time again ... :-(

Michael Schwartz :

> >Looks like someone's cheating on the poll...
>
> Of course, it couldn't possibly be honest opinion.

It may be an honest opinion, but when about 50 votes are cast for a title over the space of an hour, well, yes, someone's obviously cheating.

Not you. Obviously.

> As the person who
> submitted "Brothers in Arms" (possibly one of several) ,
> I resent the implication.

Sorry about that. No personal attack intended. :-(

I only voted once, I'm sure you voted only once.

Some _one_ voted for BiA about 50-70 times today, or so it seems.

> Why no complaint about the prior overwhelming primacy of
> "Masters of Luck or Death"...

Because it seemed that voting wasn't being rigged ?

> Frankly, it is laughable that anyone has so much invested
> emotionally in this contest to cheat

Yep. :-(

> let alone accuse complete strangers of cheating.

:-(

I haven't a clue who's doing this, but one is reminded of the recent HQ vs. Gamma World poll rigging on rpg.net some time back. Is the culprit even subscribed to HQ-RPG ?

What bugs me is that we can no longer have any actual positive feedback from the poll about which titles are better / more commercial / whatever than the others.

> If it will draw you out of your sulk, Julian,

No comment. :-(

> I will formally request that Issaries
> withdraw "Brothers in Arms" from consideration and render all votes
> cast in its favor null and void.

Oh please ...

> Happy?

No. Are you ?