RE: Question(s)

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 07:09:15 +0100

Guy asks:

> If you were new to Glorantha, and wanted to start a campaign
> for people who have had no exposure to Glorantha, but had
> access to all published Gloranthan settings (official or unofficial),
>
> 1) Which one, if any, would you choose?

Griffin Mountain, because it's simply wonderful, or Sun County and the River of Cradles, because the setting supports newbies so well. (The River of Cradles flows to Pavis, but I'd find that a bit offputting as an "introduction" to Glorantha: the Adventurers' Pit-Stop next to the Composite Dungeon Lair... no, thanks!). Try running Gaumata's Vision early on in the players' careers... ;-)

> 2) If you chose NOT to go with a previously-established
> Gloranthan setting, which non-published area would you go with?

Given ILH-1, I'd be tempted to pick a neat sounding part of the Imperial Heartlands that resonated with me and set the game there, stealing chrome from my favourite ancient-setting books and movies.

> Please explain your reasoning. (As if I had to say that!)

It seems a shame to introduce people to Glorantha through the well-established "loser" culture of the Sartarite Heortling barbarians, which Chronomancers assure us will be extinguished by the end of the Wane.

Cheers, Nick