Question(s)

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 23:01:49 -0500

If you were new to Glorantha, and wanted to start a campaign for people who have had no exposure to Glorantha, but had access to all published Gloranthan settings (official or unofficial),
  1. Which one, if any, would you choose?
  2. If you chose NOT to go with a previously-established Gloranthan setting, which non-published area would you go with?

Please explain your reasoning. (As if I had to say that!)&#92;

Personally, I'd choose either the Pavis/Big Rubble books, or Griffin Mountain. Pavis/Big Rubble because there's a lot of material available, and it's not too dissimilar from other FRPGs in many ways, and it's a good intro to Gloranthan weirdness. Griffin Mountain because hey, anybody knows how to play a primitive hunter, and it's also a good intro to Glorantha, and the format makes it adaptable for almost any level of gamemaster.

Guy "D5X" Hoyle.

Always choose the option that'll most likely blow up in your own face. You never know when a tribe of werebears is going to want to skin you alive, for instance. Those are the Munchausenesque moments you can brag about over beer for years.

Of course, sometimes you get bitten by vampires infected with bubonic plague, but on the whole, you have a great time.