Re: Roleplaying a Taraltaran

From: Nils Weinander <nils_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 16:50:11 +0200

>>IMO "running a HQ game in Glorantha" includes mystics, because in
>>Glorantha there are mystics, with rules or without rules.
>
>In my opinion, "running a HQ game in Glorantha" does not include
>mystics, because MOST people do not play with mystics in their games.
>(The seriously broken HW rules perhaps being part of this...) This
>list is intended for topics likely to be of interest to the average
>gamer, rather than the dedicated fanatic. For those who really want
>to discuss running oddities in their campaign, there is the glorantha
>digest

I'm not trying to be faceticous here, but given Greg's latest input on mystics (i.e. only the ones previously called orthodox are mystics) I think that Taraltarans are no longer to be regarded as such. So, playing one is probably well within the bounds of this list.

Any good ideas how the Taraltara magic keyword should be treated in HQ?

Nils Weinander
We sail on a ship made of dreams.