RE: Mystics

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 12:53:11 -0800

Please allow me to intervene.
Nothing in this is intended to be personal to David, who has raised some valid questions. But I need to answer before speculations get crazy.

>Just a quick question (from Mr Verbose 15W3 ...) -
>why are mystics removed
>in HQ?

Because the HQ rules are about "the way things normally are." There are ALWAYS exceptions t any rule, but the rule book is not about exceptions. It is about "the rule."

>I would have thought they would be
>excellent characters if the rules
>worked (I may be hopelessly wrong in this, of
>course).

Begging pardon, but I beleive youare wrong. This is the result of my own research, practice and understianding on what mysticism is about. Since I wrote most of the developments in the rule book and have priority on the world itself, I have come to define mysticism as I understand it to be. And my understanding is that mysticism is confined to the HW description of "Orthodox mysticism." That means that kung fu stuff isn't mysticism, samauri isn't mysticism, and Jedi knights are not mysticism. If you raise questions on the Digest, I will be glad to discuss it.

>No wise old hermits
>with strange powers to guide your young
>apprentices, I guess, in HQ.

Please guess again. There are PLENTY of wise odl hermits with strange powers to guide young apprentices.

>Disappointed, I am ...

I would suggest that you wait until HQ is out to be appointed or disappointed.