Disagreeable Mystics and Tareltaran Manticores

From: kmnellist_at_...
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 11:53:24 EDT

Graham
<< In my opinion, "running a HQ game in Glorantha" does not include mystics,
 because MOST people do not play with mystics in their games. >>

I have to disagree. The question is about playing a mystic character using keywords form one of the published books from a region that has published regional source book. One might want to answer that the rules don't work, the character keyword does not make sense and advise against trying but to dismiss it becasue most people do not play with mystics is ridiculous. Even worse:

Jeff:
<<Perhaps this should be a digest topic?>>

There is no way this should be seen as a digest topic. How is this not playing in Glorantha? How is this Gloranthan esoterica not concerned with rule systems? Blimey, if I said I wanted to play a manticore and was going to use the stats from Anaxials roster would you say "Oh the numbers in that book aren't quite right, most people don't play manticores, running a game in Glorantha does not include manticores, take it to the digest"? I would be most distressed. If the answers I got were "well that's unusual but I suggest manticores might have problems as player characters because...." or "Hey, I've got a manticore hero and we did this..." or "Change the climb rocky slope ability to such and such.." or "manticores are OK as long as you you don't let them eat the brain of a Taraltaran mystic" then I might be as happy as a larry-brain-eating manticore.

Keith