Re: Re: Harvest info

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 08:56:20 +0300

Andrew Solovay wrote:

> Of course, that means people who work by a different schedule--like
> Grazelanders, or Praxians, or above all Uz--would be delighted to raid right
> in the middle of the harvest. So don't relax *too* much!

Yup, it's the best time of year to raid, heh heh, even beyond the different work schedule. The clan is presumably spread out in the fields, easy prey. If the cowards try and hide behind a pallisade, you can make off with or destroy their crops, forcing them to come out and fight. And if they come out to fight, you pull them off the harvest, hopefully annoying them; or you can "demonstrate" on the border, forcing them to muster and ignore the crops.

And of course, the harvest gives *so* many opportunities for special uz tactics, in particular. "Foolish humans! While they battle my enlo slaves, they never see my hired locust-rider mercenaries descending on their fields! Bwahahahaha!"

Mmmm-mmmm. Nuthin' like fresh crops for dessert after a good meal of weaponthanes, either.

Cheers,

James