Pointers to unavailable sources offered

From: jorganos <joe_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 16:38:28 -0000

Jane asks:
> In that case, question for the "newbies" and the
> moderators: if a question is asked along the lines of
> "what's known about area X, because I want to play
> there?", what sort of answer would you like?
> Let's assume that the current material is incomplete
> on the subject.

> I'd always assumed that if any material has been
> produced, by anyone, then the questioner would like to
> know of its existance, especially if we can also
> provide copies of it by some means.

Note that on my old webpage, I offer just this as a service:

http://www.toppoint.de/~joe/infoserv.html

will send an e-mail to me, and I will have a look at my database which is basically an ongoing futile effort to get all Glorantha indexed.

Quite often, the answer may be "I haven't done that, yet", though, or some vague "I think I saw that in ...".

> (Obviously breach
> of copyright is not to be encouraged, but I've offered
> to loan copies of things to anyone local enough before
> now).

Paraphrasing and short quotations are in order, and quite often that's all the out-of-print material offers.

Of course, no guarantee can be given how "gospel" this will be.

Cheers,

Joerg