Re: Donandar the Bard

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 12:20:44 +0100 (BST)

> These Donandar bards turn up in the middle of a
> thunderstorm and get
> offered hospitality because the thanes are scared of
> what might be
> said if they offend. This is a bard with a little
> more of Taliesin
> than the conventional Donandar or Drogasi take. A
> bit dangerous, not just a musician.

> Does anyone have any opinions on where this kind of
> Donandar might
> come from? It doesn't feel solar/lunar - too
> primitive.

It feels very Odin-like to me. Wrong universe, I know, but may inspire better ideas?

The Truth aspect and the aura of danger make me wonder if there isn't a link to Humakt in there somewhere? Not a strong one, but a link of sorts.

Yahoo! Plus - For a better Internet experience http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/yplus/yoffer.html