Re: Pyramid preview

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 14:45:13 -0000

> Why don't you suggest to SJG that they create a way for people to
> pay on an issue-by-issue basis, and provide tables of contents
> before purchase? I don't think that's too unreasonable a request,
> and it would certainly go a great distance to address your issue.

Implementing a per-issue subscription database, and rewriting the archives to confrom to it would be a very expensive undertaking, that would take away resources from other projects.I can't imagine that such a scheme would earn more than a tiny fraction of it's costs, since it could by definition only give access to old (and therefore less attractive) material, which subscribers get access to anyway.

Simon Hibbs