RE: Praxian Digging Tools

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 14:23:01 -0400

Pete wondered:

>This question will sound strange, but I need to know: How did Waha dig the
Good
>Canal? Is it described anywhere in the source books? What sort of tool
would
>a Praxian use for digging?

He didn't use tools. According to Glorantha.com "He used the earth-powers of his mother to dig a great pass through the earth, diverting a river to the place where the Devil lay." see
http://www.glorantha.com/library/religions/cult-waha.html

However you could interpret this I guess as involving tools. I would imagine that the Praxians dig with sticks, if they have to dig. I would see that as a traditional digging implement for them as much as they would have them. I can see Waha taking a huge tree from the Stormwalk mountains, ripping the branches off, putting a point on it and then hardening it with fire. Then augmenting his digging with Eiritha's earth powers he cut a straight, deep and otherworldly canal. Don't forget that the Good Canal is only partly in the mundane world. I don't know if Lunar engineers would want to duplicate that. Might make it an unreliable canal. The Dara Happans must have some water enginnering myths as well.

Oliver