Re: Re: Invasion of Sartar 1591

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 01:57:38 +0300 (EEST)

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, jorganos wrote:

> Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_u...> wrote:
>
> > There are some references to an 1591 abortive invasion of Sartar by
> > the Empire in several texts. So far I haven't seen any details.
>
> > I find myself needing that detail. Does it exist, and can somebody
> > point me in the right direction?
>
> Penraltan the Killer, Chief of the Grazers, raided Sartar regularly
> during Terasarin's and Moirades' reign.

But alas, Grazer raids do not a Lunar invasion make. I seem to recall that the king of Tarsh was already (high) King of Dragonpass, so that would give him authority in dealings with the Grazers and other "independents" to use an old DP boardgame term. (Too bad we don't have anything offiscial about the mythical and political significance of being crowned King of Dragonpass, btw)

> It is quite possible that Colymar king Estavos Brandgorsson died
> during this invasion (King of Sartar, p.210). Other than that, a
> quick search of my sources yielded nothing. Unless you refer to an
> old Digest article of mine:
>
> http://glorantha.temppeli.org/digest/gd3/1996.07/0557.html
>
> which is highly speculative.

I don't seem to pick up a reference in the text... too tired parhaps?

What I'm thinking, is that the the whole idea of the 1591 abortive invasion has been scrapped at some point.

Parhaps Greg would enlighten us?

        -Adept