Mythic Background

From: Newt <newtiswrong_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:41:57 -0000

Howdo

I'm presently sorting out my old RQ campiagn set in Ralios, so that it is in fit shape for HeroQuest.

One thing that stuck me as I've played HeroWars is that there is a greate r need to have a reasonable pool of myths to drawn upon. Therefore this time round I'm sorting out the mythic background to my setting, in the same vigourous way that I sorted out historical and political background when I wrote up the setting for RQ.

So far I have the following broad categories,

Sacred Landscape-why the land is the way it is.

Origin of the gods-a whos who and how they got to hold their current posistion.

Cultural Myths-why we do things the way we do.

Gods war myths-tales of chaos and strife, and triumph over adversity (or not).

Any other categories that I've missed out?

Regards

;O)Newt