Re: Sartar - Pavis traderoute (but not Auld Wyrmish)

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 01:46:19 +0100 (BST)

> Um... brainfreeze. Is there a good map out there
> (on-line or in-print)
> that would show how the roads go from Boldhome to
> Pavis?
>
> The Dagori Inkarth map shows the Aldachur - Pavis
> traderoute quite
> nicely, but there must be a more direct way from
> Boldhome via Jonstown...
>
> Am I just off my rocker?

Go north along the Kings Road through Jonstown, and Dangerford, joining the Pavis road from Aldurchur at Herongreen, according to the Dagori Inkarth map I've got. (Which is out of one of the RQ3 boxed sets, but I assume later maps of the area will at least include all features on here.)

It looks to me as if you could cut the corner by using minor roads from Jonstown to Jarolar Keep, then cut through Torkan's Vale and either head north to Torkan's Last Fort or east to Jaldon's Rest and pick up Waha's Trail down to the Zalador River: follow this north to where it meets the Pavis Road.

You might also want to consider a route through Swenstown: yes, it involves crossing Prax, probably via Tourney Altar and Horn Gate, and approaching Pavis up the River of Cradles, but it *is* an option :)

On-line maps: try this one to start with:

http://www.glorantha.com/new/fan/GMPGenertela.pdf

And I found that by a combination of Google and the Issaries site. They list maps here:

http://www.glorantha.com/new/fan/maps.html

and it's worth looking in Lokarnos, too, of course.

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/