RE: Re: Paper Wars

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruceferrie_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 12:50:38 +0100

On Friday, July 04, 2003 12:28 PM, Tim Ellis wrote:

> You don't want them to heavy or you won't be able to fold them
> properly, but you don't want them to light or they will (a) get
> damaged to easily and (b) they will blow about the table wafted by
> breezes (and movement of books/character sheets). ("The Hills Rise
> Wild" suggests using a penny (they mean a cent, but a real penny will
> do) for stability)

Good suggestion! The last time I used something like this was years ago. The ones we used were just printed out on paper - it's so easy to print off a few more that the lack of durability didn't matter so much. We found that blu-tacking the 'figures' to coins stopped them blowing around and - because people picked them up by the base - made them last more. If you keep the paper figures in their own little box or something, they survive transit pretty well.

Interesting thought about using coins - the more important you are, the bigger denomination coin you get... :)

Regards,

Bruce