Re: Just two weeks...

From: Viktor Haag <vhaag_at_...>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 15:17:40 -0400

Jeff writes:

> Of course, it costs more with the UPS shipping - that can be a
> factor. And I don't _like_ to take business away from my FLGS
> (assuming one has an FLGS to use) either.

I personally weighed "join the GTA" in one hand, and "buy the rulebook" in the other, and then leaned to the right.

I ordered 8 copies from my FLGS.

I had to say "I'm serious" to him. Twice.

Then, apparently, when he called his distributor, his distributor dropped the phone, and my FLGS had to say "I'm serious" to the distributor. (At least once.)

I figured (a) this was a better way to stick money in Issaries' pocket in a way that might encourage people to actually stock and sell the game, and (b) this was a better way to encourage my gaming groups to actually play the game.

Oh, and I spent my birthday money on a limited edition hardback, too.

I figure I've done my part.

--
Viktor Haag : Software & Information Design : Research In Motion
                              +--+