sea spirits or sea gods ?

From: Philippe Sigaud <sigaud_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 20:03:05 +0200

Hello,

        part of my game deals with Ludoch and other marine species near the Holy Country (Blue Elves, etc). Do any of you know if they are animist or theist, or if entities like Magasta, Golod, Daliath, Triolina, Wachaza are gods or great spirits ?

In "Gods of Glorantha", Magasta and consorts are described as Gods, but so are Malkion, Pamalt and many others. Also, we know of some people living near the sea (like the Rightarm Islands fishermen) and having a shamanistic society. As Ludoch are the leaders of the rightarm fishermen, I wonder : animists ?

It may also be that, a bit like darkness for uz, the sea is a place where the traditional partition between spirits and da�mones is less important, or even meaningless, as in the Deep, all mingle. (OK, GD fodder, but that would be a elegant answer to my question : "don't bother, it's all the same to them")

thanks,

        Philippe