Re: Re: Sea spirits or sea gods?

From: Philippe Sigaud <sigaud_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:32:04 +0200

Me:
> >I suppose I'll then base Triolina on the Esrola Animal Mothers cults in
> >Storm Tribe. It could have been more like Telmor or other animal
> >spirits.

Trotsky :
> IMO her cult has rather more exciting spells (from a player hero POV)
> than Uralda does, so I wouldn't base it *too* closely on those :)

I don't know. looks like a real 'utilitarian' cult to me. Shoal-Call, Scales-Scratching, Dolphin Milking :)

I suppose a player wouldn't choose her any more than a typical player would choose Uralda (hell, or Goose Girl). But it helps give reality to a submarine society and if I can obtain suspension of disbelief for 5' as I describe the tuna shoals being regrouped for the night, the guards on their seahorses or a Ludoch slipping the hood from his hunting squid, I 'm playing my part.

> >Now, if anyone has ideas about affinities for Magasta or Wachaza...
> >
> My suggestions would be:
> MAGASTA

> King of the Seas (mastery rune)
> Currents (motion rune)
> Sea (water rune)

Yes yes yes, I agree.

I imagine he must have a sub-cult (Aspect ?) related to the Hell Seas or the Hole. With a Death Affinity [Gone With the Current, Soul Stealing, Never Come Back, Drowning Whirlpool, No One Will Hear You Scream] And maybe a Sea Monster affinity [Call the Kraken, Raise the Seas, Really Big One, Horror from the Deep, Death From Below (isn't that movies titles ?)]

> WACHAZA
> Combat (death rune)
> Sea (water rune)
> Wrath (destruction rune, perhaps?)

Disorder ?

Anyway, That's quite enough to animate some NPCs. Thanks.

 Bryan :
> I was just
> pointing out that if it is just a matter of dealing with a few ludoch
> emmisaries, you can probably fudge the magic without doing any abuse
> to the game background.

I have that in mind, but on the other hand it's hard not to ask certain questions :p
Of course, as a Narrator, I only need some words on a sheet, (and that's why I mostly use 'affinities' for NPC : much easier to use). As a gloranthophile now...

        Philippe