Re: MIsapplied Worship

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 14:37:12 +1300

Stephen Martin:

> >>Also, please note that there is no _society_ that uses Misapplied
> >>Worship exclusively or even heavily.

>Me>Safelstrans?

>I admit I don't know enough about the West. However, I am confidant that
>the final result in the West, even in Safelster, will be that not
>everyone uses Misapplied Worship.

However it is published as a society where people worship both gods and the Invisible God (cf the descriptions of both Henotheism and Stygianism on page 53 of the Glorantha: Intro). That makes it a society which Misapplied worship is at the very least "heavily" used and it was in discussing the Safelstrans that Greg first started talking about misapplied worship.

There are also the Malkioni of Umathela of whom the majority also worship pagan gods.

>Also, Safelster is not its own self-contained society, IIRC, it is a
>subset of a larger society. It may have its own sect of Malkionism,
>but that doesn't make it its own society.

Safelster is actually quite a large region of almost 3,000,000 souls (larger than Tanisor) which makes it rather difficult to think of it as not being "self-contained" but a "subset of another society".

--Peter Metcalfe