Re: Pre-Dragonkill Dragon Pass?

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 12:15:35 +1000

  1. That's not pre-Dragonkill - that was in 1120. As the rest of your post suggests, its the first decades of the resettlement period.

For the Far Place, the Far Walkers have recently resettled the ruins of Alda Chur, and its the year of the recutting of Ironspike.

For look and feel, check out the Far Place Timeline at http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/chronology.html

The second half of Taroskarla gives my vision of one group of pioneers; see

http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/taroskarla.html

See also 'Cities of Dragon Pass', KOS 181. This is an early Second Age document, and its quite conceivable your explorers will have access to it. What it does for their expectations, and what they actually find of course, is up to you.

For me at this time, most of Dragon Pass is given to beast and forest power and 'newt. The Youf cities are haunted, melted ruins, given to ghosts and worse, and sensibly avoided by the small settler groups. Social organisation is clan level at best, there are very few towns or roads, a time of heroic pioneers midst eternal forests.

Cheers

John