Zorak Zoran & Amastan

From: russ_cole2003 <russ_cole_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 08:13:20 -0000

UTTOG provides an excellent write-up of the cult of Zorak Zoran and describes the sub-cult detailing the animist worship of Amastan the spirit/demon enslaved by ZZ and from which his mastery of fire comes.

I was wondering if anybody has a view on just how widespread this subcult is within the ZZ cult as a whole? I get the impression that the majority of ZZ temples at least have access to this subcult, but does this mean that the majority of worshippers actively join?

Also going back to the time of the second council probably the most famous Zorak Zorani was Kwaratch Kang who is noted for many abilites, but with no mention of Fire skills. It may be that this was not of sufficient importance to be noted, or perhaps the cult of Amastan was not so prominent in these days?

I guess one of the fundamentals of Zorak Zoran was his transition to a 'greater' god following the Hill of Gold, so is worship of him without this aspect fundmenatlly worship of a different and less complete Zorak Zoran?

Any thoughts?

Russell