Re: New Gloranthan...

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 21:52:19 -0700

Tim

> Is HeroQuest self contained enough that after a thorough read I'll
> be up to speed with the state of the world?

Hard to say, being mostly up to speed, but probably yes. You may need more detail, but only about a very specific area -- and you're always free to make it up.

Probably only Imperial Lunar Handbook is an easy intro, but unless you're planning Lunar heroes, you can stick with HQ for now.

Bryan

> Personally, I think the best introduction to the Heortlings is
> the "King of Dragon Pass" computer game (a very vaguely Civilization
> type game, set some 200-300 years before the hero wars). It is
> available from A-Sharp (www.a-sharp.com). I've been playing it on
> and off for close to four years and still find it interesting.

While it is available from us, I'd just like to point out that your friendly local game shop can still order the game from their usual distributors. Or from Warehouse23. We're happy to take your online order too, but an alarming number of overseas shipments are turning up missing, and I recommend you shop locally first rather than suffer the delays waiting for a replacement shipment.

--

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com