Re: HQ Opinions

From: Nils Weinander <nils_at_...>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 11:09:12 +0200

Mark G:

> As more and more of you get your hands on HQ and have the chance to
> look over it, obviously it would be good to hear any feedback. Here
> are a few specific questions of interest to me, to kick things off.
>
> 1. What do people think of the Homelands approach? Is there enough
> of a basis there to start you off?

It's a bit thin, but the slightly cult descriptions in the religion/magic chapter help out.

> 2. Do the changes in animism and wizardry make these characters more
> interesting and playable? Are they clear and comprehensible?

Yes and yes I'd say. The addition of spiritists and orderlies make a big difference (as does common magic, for all three magic systems).

> 3. The original sample adventures in HW came in for a degree of
> criticism -- what do you think of the ones in HQ?

Haven't read them yet.

> 4. Treat the current book size as a constant: who else would you
> have wanted to have seen included, and what would ou have sacrificed
> to make way for it? The answer 'nothing, it's great as is' is an
> acceptable one, BTW!

More maps (if there was space), one for each homeland for example.

Nils Weinander
We sail on a ship made of dreams.