HQ Opinions

From: Mark Galeotti <mark_at_...>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 16:49:15 -0000

Comrades!

As more and more of you get your hands on HQ and have the chance to look over it, obviously it would be good to hear any feedback. Here are a few specific questions of interest to me, to kick things off.

  1. What do people think of the Homelands approach? Is there enough of a basis there to start you off?
  2. Do the changes in animism and wizardry make these characters more interesting and playable? Are they clear and comprehensible?
  3. The original sample adventures in HW came in for a degree of criticism -- what do you think of the ones in HQ?
  4. Treat the current book size as a constant: who else would you have wanted to have seen included, and what would ou have sacrificed to make way for it? The answer 'nothing, it's great as is' is an acceptable one, BTW!

These are, of course, just a few questions to start you off -- *any* constructive commentary is always appreciated.

(But I would suggest that the topic of the cover is probably done to death -- yes, it is bright, perhaps garish, and it may not be that accurate in Gloranthan or RW terms, but the intent was to show continuity with HW and, above all, something eye-catching to draw the attention of the kind of customer who hasn't walked into the game store already interested in Glorantha.)

All the best

Mark