HQ Opinions

From: Viktor Haag <vhaag_at_...>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 11:50:30 -0400

Mark Galeotti writes:
> 1. What do people think of the Homelands approach? Is there
> enough of a basis there to start you off?

I like it a lot. However, the word "homelands" is a teensy bit confusing, since some of the words used do describe homelands (Dara Happa, Tarsh, Teshnos, Seshnela) whilst some don't: rather they describe cultures (Heortling, Grazers, Bison People, Puma People). I can understand that the homeland-as-culture entries might be culturally homogenous enough to present them that way, but I still might have preferred to see 'Dara Happan' and 'Seshnegan'.

Still the *concept itself* is very useful indeed, and is much better presented than in HW. (Also, see below.)

> 4. Treat the current book size as a constant: who else would
> you have wanted to have seen included, and what would ou have
> sacrificed to make way for it? The answer 'nothing, it's great
> as is' is an acceptable one, BTW!

> These are, of course, just a few questions to start you off -- *any*
> constructive commentary is always appreciated.

Some other comments (based on my read so far, detail up to page 82, skim whole book):

    Game Aids
    Character sheet

  or maybe

    Game Aids
    Character sheet

  Or, better yet, why not print the blank character sheet on the   inside front cover (very easy to copy)? Then you get another   page inside to play with...

  I would have removed the Runes Appendix and placed that on the   website in favour of these two added pages of rules reference,   myself.

  Candidates to replace them? Balazari?, Black Horse Troop?,   Another Lunar people, perhaps from southern areas of the Empire   (I understand you don't want to double up on Lunar Handbook   material)? More representatives from Prax?

--
Viktor Haag : Software & Information Design : Research In Motion
                              +--+