Re: More Thoughts on Wounded Gods and Heroes

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 09:45:44 +0100 (BST)

Wounded gods who made a come-back: obvious example to my mind is Yelmalio. Gets beaten up by everyone, and survives.

Of course, most gods got beaten up during the Darkness, and made a come-back. So if you want inspiration for overcoming adversity, your own god can probably provide it.

Wounded gods who we'd like to make a come-back: Genert? Keep collecting those hyena skins!

But gods who go around on crutches and are still worshipped despite being useless - sorry, can't think of any. Gloranthans seem to be more pragmatic than that. Heroes who are respected for their tenacity exist, maybe, but that's about as far as it goes.

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://mail.messenger.yahoo.co.uk