Norse mythology: wounded Tyr

From: Hallier Wilfried <vingo_at_...>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 17:13:46 +0200

> I can't recall, but did we mention Tyr in this thread?
> More than any other god, Tyr reminds me of Humakt,
> keeping his word no matter what the cost.
> I've frequently mentioned him when descrining Humakt
> to those who were familiar with Norse mythology.
>
> Guy

Myth "How Tyr got Wounded"

Tyr is a war god, but his weapon was the spear Gungnir. Later she was given to Odin.

The most important part of his myth is linked with Fenrir: Fenrir was becomed so powerfull that Gods need to attach him.
To attach him with a magical rope named Gleipnir (made of mountains roots and bird's slaver) Tyr had to put him harm in the wolf's mouth, the time Fenrir verify if the rope was riskless.
But as he saw he was tricked, Tyr lose his hand.

Even with one hand, Tyr fought at Ragnarok. His adversary was Garm, the Hel Gatekeeper Dog.

It is good tale, but there were many differences between Humakt and Tyr.
And Tyr did not fought to bring back his hand...

Wilfried.

Envie de discuter en "live" avec vos amis ? T�l�charger MSN Messenger http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/m la 1�re messagerie instantan�e de France