Re: Re: Aaaarrrgggghhhh!!!

From: Viktor Haag <vhaag_at_...>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 16:55:47 -0400

Bo Rosén writes:
> l? 2003-09-06 klockan 06.03 skrev Guy Hoyle:
>
> > Firefly was a tremendously underrated show. I know that a
> > show is doomed
>
> Let's see how it converts to the big screen. FF was much more
> interesting than Buffy or (blech) Angel.

I, on the other hand, thought Angel was much, much more clever than the last two seasons of Buffy. But I completely agree with you on FireFly. I don't know anything about TV production politics, but from a viewers point of view as soon as I heard that Whedon had sold it to Fox, I went "oh oh", as Fox is *notorious* for giving shows the axe based solely on numbers and demanding instant, up-front performance.

With luck, the feature film will be successful enough to make Universal (who now own the Firefly rights, I believe) think seriously about bringing it back to the small screen: ideally in a series of made-for-TV-movie productions.

I'm kinda hoping that the Farscape people might try the same thing (except I know that Farscape is hideously more expensive to produce than Firefly was -- one of Firefly's chief virtues, apparently, was the production costs were quite low for a show of its type).

--
Viktor Haag : Software & Information Design : Research In Motion
                              +--+