Re: Scotscon Goss

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 07:54:50 +0100 (BST)

> One or two have been a little surreal -
> flamethrowers, eggs and mayonnaise?

That was the Sun County seminar. The flamethrowers bit will get written up soon (I should be doing it now), but the exploding mayonnaise, while from the same RW source, was since discarded as just too silly for even me and Nick to contemplate.

> I guess just about everyone who attended has made it
> home by now and even caught up on your sleep.

Yes, and no.

> So how did it all go!?

These guys know how to run a con. It was *excellent*.

> What's the goss? Who
> said/did what in the seminars, in the grouse?

Grouse subjects included the idea that Glorantha is a sphere (Sandy), that D20 Glorantha is a Good Thing, and that maybe we're a bit too "precious" about Glorantha. One joint conclusion we came to is from these is that D20 Glorantha is at the bottom of the sphere as one of the deepest hells :)

Sun County:
we had the great news that someone has actually taken our (never written up) Sun Dragon campaign line and played all the way through it, right up to Godzilla.

we explored the time Biturian Varosh was used as the opposition in a SC ritual - two parallel stories come out of this, "The Polygamy Plot", concerning who ends up controlling Harpoon, and "The Llama and the Armour" which is about how our old friend Ruric was set up.

Donald told us about a BBC program about Greek Fire, and we figured out from this how to get Yelmalio some fire powers back (not easy!).

Nobody asked me about olive oil.

Lots of good games - at least, I thoroughly enjoyed the three I was in. Shame I couldn't get into the ducks and baboons one, but it sounded like they had a good time. Lots of quacking and grunting for the rest of the con :)

There were freeforms, I'm told. Ask someone else about them.

There was a Glorantha version of Munchkin, which was fun and very silly.

We sang, we had a quiz, we told stories, we drank malts.

Oh, and there was the icebreaker treasure hunt. The packet of sugar was easy, the oak leaf was harder, the inflatable dolphin prompted violence, and the light sabre and the Elder God got rather more difficult.

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://mail.messenger.yahoo.co.uk