Re: Finnish and Babeester Gor

From: jhtervon_at_...
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 11:33:43 +0300 (EEST)

> Blast Enemy 1 point
> Touch, transient, non-stackable, re-usable
> An automatic success in a knockback roll, which will push the target
> backwards 2 times BG's STR in metres. Target's SIZ may not be more than
> 15
> points higher than the SIZ of the BG. In this spell the BG avoids skin
> contact, so the push is done with the elbow, helmet, etc.
>
> Blast from the past... All hail the RuneQuest days... *eg*
>
> Ilkka
>
> ps. am curious where did you find this?

This was actually done by my GM when I was still playing an Erantha Gori. It's basically an adaptation from a feat given in Storm Tribe. And yes, the system in our campaign is still RQ ;)

There were a lot more of these spells. I think the whole list can be found on my GM's gloranthan website, Eurmal's Cookbook:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/marko.saari/Glorantha/Eurmal.htm

... of course, you need to be able to read Finnish, since those pesky on-line translators sometimes give rather cryptic results :)

Cheers,

Jukka