HELP! Can anyone explain the mechanics of Sorcery and Tapping?

From: bigblackcatmail <bigblackcatmail_at_...>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 13:59:57 -0000

This was a point of some confusion for me as, in the Wizardry chapter, we are introduced to a kewl and malevolent form of Wizardry and then *POOF*... There it went. Nothing else.

It is my understanding, from talking with others on the subject, that there is no published explanation that goes much further towards bringing Sorcery into HQ. So, I'm asking here for house rules or GM interpretations. Any help/advice/house rules that you can give would be of mondo help to me.

First, does Sorcery differ mechanically from Wizardry and, if so, how? Second, what is Tapping, beyond what is listed in the brief mention in HQ? And, third, how do you handle Tapping in your games? What mechanics do you use? Do you treat Tapping as a Skill or a Magical Ability? What effects do you adjudicate on the thing or person being tapped? How do you arrive at your results?

I know this is a lot of questions, but I've seriously run into a wall here. Currently, I am working on a couple of conversion docs and it would be really great to know exactly how others use Tapping as my attempts to emulate what is written in HQ are not meeting with much success.

Thanks in advance for any advice, opinions or house rules that you can provide.