Re: OiD questions

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 11:48:02 +0100

Benedict:

>I need to make some choices when I run Orlanth is Dead, to fill in some
>missing information. I can do it my way, but I was wondering what other
>people had done.
>
>Page 54 says that 'wyters that are not from Orlanth, Ernalda, or their
>kin' and the context of the otherwise clear statement that 'no wyter
>speaks' implies that only wyters associated with Orlanth and Ernalda are
>unable to speak. OK, but *which* wyters are 'from' Orlanth and Ernalda?

I'd assume its those of groups for which those are the primary deities. Thus clan wyters will be 'from' one or other of Orlanth and Ernalda (depending on your earth-storm mix from the questionnaire, I guess), but the Elmali clans and the Torkani should be OK. For smaller groups, if they're specifically associated with a deity (say, a Humakti warband) then the wyter is 'from' that deity. If they aren't, I'd say that the wyter is just 'from' the God World, and is probably still functional.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic