Re: New HeroQuester

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:51:08 -0000

KODP - its amazing how addictive that game is. I've recently started playing it again with the wife (hey, its a VERY small Clan Ring).

> I've read about half the book so far, and have enjoyed it mightily.
I'm
> a bit disappointed about how few pantheons are in the base book,
esp the
> absence of the orlanthi pantheon. I know there's a book about it,
but I
> felt like it was an important part of the book to have at least the
main
> gods in the book (orlanth, ernalda, and humakt since he's cited in
the
> examples !).

There will be a lot more on the Orlanthi and Lunars in "Hero Book." I admit that one of the changes for an old Gloranthan hand just coming back into the game after a hiatus is the de-emphasis on the Heortlings and Lunars in HeroQuest. However, in the Homeland writeup, there is the bare bones of the pantheon providing at least affinities.

But with 10 Homelands being provided, larger writeups of the Orlanthi and Lunars had to be postponed - the book already has a huge page count.

> Anyway, I got a minor rule question: when you spend a hero point to
> "bump" a success, it's definitely gone, right? It's not like in most
> games where you regain the point at the end of the session or after
> a night's sleep?
>
> Thanks,
> Moah, platypus powaaa!

It is gone, my little monotreme! Gone forever. You've paid a price for your success in a loos of future potential. Its one reason why, when I play, I tend to be willing to take the occasional hit and failure (and why I use a heropoint to give myself a *powerful* augment rather than risk having to spend several HP to get through a fight otherwise).

Hope this helps!

Jeff