Re: Tests for a Yinkin Devotee Wannabe (was "New devotees, starting feats")

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 21:21:16 +0000

>Paul scrawled:
>
>>>I can imagine Gods like Yinkin
>>>or Odayla coming to a lone hunter
>>>out in the wilds.
>
>In my game, I have a Yinkin initiate who wants to move to devotee status.
>I'd like to play it out, rather than just say, "OK - you're now a devotee."
>Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should handle it? I was
>thinking along the lines of a minor heroquest, but am having difficulty
>unearthing an appropriate myth to reenact.

One idea. The hunter meets an alynx daemon (although he may not know it for a daemon). He must bring her gifts from his hunting and if they are accepted she will turn into a human woman, and take him to a cave shelter. After 9 days of love (the "Alynx marriage" - ST p183) he must leave. Although he searches, he will never find the cave again (except, perhaps in a HeroQuest).

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.