Re: Re: New devotees, starting feats

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 08:37:08 +0100

donald :

> >I know Humakt doesn't *permit* resurrection of his worshippers,

No, but ...

> >but is
> >it actually *impossible* to do so?

Not impossible IMO.

> >If, say, the most powerful witch
> >in Western Glorantha went on a HeroQuest to try and raise a Humakti
> >from the dead, and was able to successfully overcome the 10W10
> >resistance of the god himself, could she bring the Humakti back to
> >life?

Yes.

> >Although in such a case it's likely that the Humakti herself would be
> >angry at being resurrected,

Well, that would depend on which HQ was performed.

A bit Digesty, but there actually is one acceptable (but hugely difficult) Humakti HQ method to return to life. It's the Sword Quest, where Humakt goes to Hell to retrieve his Sword and comes back to the world to prevent further misuse of the power.

> I believe the correct response is for the Humatki is to kill themselves
> after killing the person who resurrects them.

That would depend on the individual Humakti, and who did the resurrecting, on why the resurrection was performed, and other variables.

A Chalana healer who successfully defeated Death during a HQ to resurrect a Humakti because the land was being devoured by undead forces using the Humakti's own holy sword to spread death, chaos, and destruction might be acceptable for instance ...

I guess the short answer is : go with the story.

> Safer to raise them as zombies which don't have the
> intelligence to do anything about it.

Sounds like a good way to attract holy retribution from your friendly neighbourhood Humakti Slayer, once he/she heard about it ...

;-)

Julian Lord

--
"Hmmm, I've heard of other powers.