Humakti ressurrection

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 08:15:01 +0000 (GMT)

> A bit Digesty, but there actually is one acceptable
> (but hugely difficult)
> Humakti HQ method to return to life. It's the Sword
> Quest, where Humakt
> goes to Hell to retrieve his Sword and comes back to
> the world to prevent
> further misuse of the power.

This sounds like something I'd like to know more about. By all means move to the Digest or private email if you prefer, but more details and/or references would be very welcome.

> > I believe the correct response is for the Humatki
> is to kill themselves
> > after killing the person who resurrects them.

> A Chalana healer who successfully defeated Death
> during a HQ
> to resurrect a Humakti because the land was being
> devoured
> by undead forces using the Humakti's own holy sword
> to spread
> death, chaos, and destruction might be acceptable
> for instance ...

Sadly, the correct answer would *still* be to kill themselves after killing the healer. How many human Humakti would choose the correct answer, and what else they might do beforehand, is a separate question. (Telling the healer to start running and hiding NOW, before going to face the undead hordes, might be an option).

BTW, the tale of Biturian Varosh inlcudes mention of a Humakti who'd been made into Undead.

http://www.glorantha.com/library/bv10.html

"Eye-whisper said he detected the ragged ghost of Alain, sword of Humakt, plaguing the consciousness of the healer. I recalled that Humakti had prepared an expedition against broos active in the Sog's Ruins. The mere thought of a foe which could make a Humakti Rune Lord remain as an undead did chill me to my soul."

Jane Williams

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://mail.messenger.yahoo.co.uk