Re: Humakti devotion

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 18:44:49 +0000

>Paul King:
>>
>>The Esrolian version probably is a version of the Orlanthi one. They
>>might have Humakt as a Husband-Protector and maybe there are more
>>Esrolian Humakti who marry and - maybe - even have children.
>
>I don't think so. Humakti should be scary. Heortlings fear Humakti
>because they are not bound by kinship. I think Esrolians fear Humakti
>because they are not bound as husband-protectors.
>
>There is little room for such loyalties in Humakti philosophy.

Well I checked HeroQuest Voices and Humakt is not listed as a Husband Protector.

But I don't see that Humakti ought to be more scary than those lovable "life affirming" Babeestor Gor Axe Maidens... And we have to ask "scary to whom" ? - Humakti need some place within the society (or at least on the fringes) and scaring the Matriarchs sounds like a good way of getting kicked out altogether

I also note that it seems that Ana Gor is the premier Death deity in Esrolia.

YGMV

--
--
Guide to Taoism_