Re: Re: Humakti devotion

From: donald_at_...
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:01:17 GMT

In message <a05100307bbe2bab6f845_at_[192.168.0.2]> Paul Andrew King writes:

>But I don't see that Humakti ought to be more scary than those
>lovable "life affirming" Babeestor Gor Axe Maidens... And we have to
>ask "scary to whom" ? - Humakti need some place within the society
>(or at least on the fringes) and scaring the Matriarchs sounds like a
>good way of getting kicked out altogether

Babeester Gor is Protector of the Earth so isn't scary to Earth cult members who understand why she is psychotic. Humatki are scary because they are men who's loyalty isn't primarily to a Matriarch.

In practice I think that Humatki are tolerated because they don't push the limits. They generally only kill other men in duels and still defer to the authority of women in all matters outside the cult. Basically in Esrolia it's a place for men who want to rebel without losing their home comforts.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/