Re: Examples

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 16:04:19 -0000

Depends on the extended contest. Usually its just a few minutes. The exception is for the Big Bad. That can take a while. I don't allow players to agonize over their augments. In the end, its all about pacing. If you want to sit back and watch players plan everything to death for a few hours that's up to you. Personally, I'd rather get to doing something interesting.

As many, many, MANY others have said, avoid extended contests except for dramatically appropriate moments. Finales. Life or death situations, heroquests, etc.

Jeff