Re: Re: Yet more non-Orlanthi Humakti

From: donald_at_...
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 21:15:02 GMT

In message <p04310100bbe571299a43_at_[143.232.119.186]> "David P. Summers" writes:

>Maybe I'm too much of a newbie (or maybe I missed the point of the
>thread), but a lot of the question of whether Humakt is part of the
>Orlanthi pantheon seems to be discussed by looking at whether
>"Orlanthi" peoples worship him. This seems, to me, to miss the
>question, it depends on the god's relation to Humakt (otherwise they
>are separate gods that happen to be worshipped by the same people).
>To be part of the pantheon that Orlanth head, Humakt would have to
>acknowledge Humkt as his superior? If not, he just happens to gather
>worshippers from the some groups as Orlanth?

Humakt isn't part of the Orlanth/Ernalda pantheon, he isn't even one of the Lightbringers. The confusion arises from the fact that the main published sources (Storm Tribe and King of Sartar) refer to Heortling Humakti and how they fit into that society. There have been references to Humakti in Carmenia and Ralios but what details exist are unofficial. Ralios has (I believe) an Orlanthi society abet different from Heortling but Carmenia is some combination of western monotheism and the Red Godess.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/