Re: Re: AA vs KL

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:38:21 -0800

Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...> wrote:

> Hey, hey, hey -- let's stop hauling the Lightbringer's Quest
> out every time someone wants to upset the mythic order of things and
> return some long-dead hero from whatever afterlife he, she, or it has
> ended up in. Surely there would be a Darkness approach to the problem

(ahem) The Lightbringer's Quest *was* a Darkness approach to the problem. The problem was: A dead sun god is sitting around in Wonderhome screwing things up. The Darkness solution: Manipulate a bunch of those surface assholes to come down and take the sun back.

nichughes2001 <nick.hughes_at_...> wrote:
> I tend to assume that Heortlings
> interact with Dagori Inkarth trolls more often than Malkioni or
> Kralori questers. The AA faction would have a better chance of
> knowing of their (Orlanthi) myths sufficiently to have an idea what
> their most famous myth can do, especially as it was used on a locally
> famous troll hero. YGMV.

I'd expect that almost every culture's big myth is going to be some version of "how we healed the world/ended the Darkness/defeated Chaos". Given that, it's going to be at least *applicable* to resurrection, though perhaps not as directly as the Heortling Li{ght,fe}BringerQuest.

herkabg <russ_cole_at_...> wrote:

> KL is the Uz and without her they cease to be Uz so any attack on her
> is an attack on all Uz including AA. I would assume that even AA
> ruled tribes would have worshippers of Korastang as this aspect of KL
> is crucial for reproduction of the race.

But remember, Argan Argar *is not Uz*. We tend to think of him as Uz, because he's largely worshipped by them and they depict him as an Uzko. But he's a Darkness God, *not* descended from KL or even her close kin.

I could imagine Argan Argar destroying KL and setting himself up as the preeminent darkness god. (Mythically, this might amount to abandoning Wonderhome and establishing the surface world as the Realm of Darkness.) This might cause the Uz to be remade in a form more like AA, or it could destroy them entirely (since AA doesn't really have a "man rune" connection). But either way, this is big juju, say on a par with Storm Bull defeating Wakboth--not something you're going to manage in the course of an ordinary campaign. When your heroes have pulled down the Red Moon, ridden the Great Sea Dragon, and pulled on Harrek's cape, it'll be time for them to think about the "Argan Argar kills Kyger Litor" quest...

James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_...> wrote:
>>> Go get D'Wargon, the Womb-Biter, and let him do his work completely.
>> Is D'wargon considered chaotic by Heortlings and Praxian?
> Probably. D'wargon = Nysalor = Gbaji.

Let's not go overboard here, or we'll end up with "D'wargon = Nysalor = Gbaji = Arkat = Eurmal"...