SeaQuest

From: kmnellist_at_...
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 09:13:59 EST

(So what's the Water version of the story? Storm (Straight LBQ)
Solar (Yelm summons his murderers)
Darkness idea,
Earth is asleep and is rescued/wakened by a Husband/Protector,

What is Water's version? "We all jumped down the Whirlpool to plug up the hole where the Spike used to be and..."?)

Peter:
<< ...turned the world inside out. Everything living became dead and  everything dead lived.>>

My sea answer centres on the goddess Annilla, a goddess of light and dark and water. A goddess half alive and half dead. A goddess who found away out of the underworld before Orlanth and Yelm. The seas agenda would seem to me to be cyclical flows, so they want stuff moving, from hell to the sky, from sky down to hell etc. (the waters seem to move around a horizonal axis while storm is more vertical)

"Annilla rose in the sky from the east, She had been born in the desperate struggle between Yelm and the Styx. Each god wounded the other, and where their blood mingled was born a fabulous glowing force which hovered over the enraged battle. When the forces of darkness fled before the God of the Dead and the Dead God, the new glowing force went with them. The glow contained the shattered remnants of the conflict: paradoxes of dead and not-dead, of eternal dying, and unattained rebirth. Those things which travelled within the protective glow called her Annilla"

Keith