Danfive Xaron (AA vs KL)

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 23:37:41 +0000

>Paul King
>
>>Well to elaborate a little, the HeroQuest (apparently) required
>>someone to take on the role of the "Penitent Criminal" - and Danfive
>>Xaron was that person.
>
>No, Danfive Xaron took the part not because he was a Penitent
>Criminal but because he was a bloodthirsty criminal seeking
>ultimate power. The experience (i.e. 'partial success') changed
>him and he _became_ a Penitent Criminal.

That's not quite how I pictured his involvement. Especially given his depiction "... hunched into a position of submission, wearing chains and shackles"

I always thought of his part in the ritual as being related to his Cult - a form of "penal servitude" if you will. In this case, a chance to escape punishment by performing a very dangerous task.

But maybe the other four (?) Mothers were willing to take the risk that Danfive Xaron might succeed, although I would have thought that Deezola at least would have had serious misgivings.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.